Iowa Testing Programs (ITP) is a research, development, and outreach unit in the
College of Education
at the University of Iowa
mission is to pursue:
- research that improves the practice of educational measurement
- design and development of assessments that provide information for a variety of
purposes and audiences, for example
- educators to inform instruction
- federal, state, and local government to support accountability
- academic institutions to aid decision-making
- outreach that delivers assessment results and supports use of assessment information
by local, state, national, and international audiences through
- workshops and professional development opportunities
- consultation on assessment design, development and use
- publications on research-based innovations in assessment
Thursday, November 05, 2015
New study of 168,000 Iowa students shows relationship between STEM interest
and academic achievement. Click here
to access the report.
Monday, October 26, 2015
Iowa Educators—we have recently posted updated materials regarding College
Readiness, Forms E/ F Research and Development Guide, and Help for New Users.
Please contact your district coordinator for the Iowa Assessments for assistance in accessing these.
Friday, April 10, 2015
Iowa Assessments are Strong Predictors of College Success, please click here
Thursday, April 02, 2015
ITP’s Response to the DRC alignment study, please click here
Wednesday, February 04, 2015
ITP’s Responses to the Iowa Assessment Task Force, please click here
About Next Generation Iowa Assessments, please click here
This website is designed primarily to inform Iowa educators about the Iowa Statewide
Testing Program. For information about using the Iowa Tests in all other states,
contact our publisher, Riverside
to learn more about the Iowa End-of-Course assessment.
for the slides presented in the “Using the Iowa Assessments Interpretation Workshops”.